TRAFARIA: Memórias Vivas
Venue: Old Casino of Trafaria
07-08 March 2024
The aim of this roadshow is an intense communitary activation. We wish to jointly relive, document and preserve memories and social activities of intangible heritage at Trafaria (under strong risk of loss), by creating new living stories and preserving most of them with the collaboration of the different communities and stakeholders involved.
Trafaria Council, the Parish, and respective local stakeholders will be present, as well as all interested locals.
Evening: public free show in the hybrid format of “Encounter/Café-concert/Debate”
From 10h to 20h
– 10h00: Opening by the Lisbon Pilot team and NOVA’s Vice-Rector.
– 10h30 to 11h30: Lisbon Pilot presentation followed by open discussion.
– 11h30 to 12h00: coffee-break
– 12h00: Presentation of EDA and launching of their new book funded by T-Factor.
– 13h00 to 15h00: lunch break and networking
– 15h00 to 18h00: Guided-Tour around the three main Trafaria communities (Centre; Torrão 2; and Cova do Vapor)
– 18h00 to 19h00: projection and discussion of the video “At Trafaria 2023” (An experimental documentary conceived by professors, researchers and students from NOVA FCSH, in close collaboration with local people, institutions and communities in Trafaria)
– 19h00 to 20h00: Legacy and future plans for Trafaria actions, the old prison, and towards the dreamt IAT
All the events on both days will be completely open to the general public!